Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these will fit in the rear of a '68 Mustang w/out any fender rolling using 15x8 Magnum 500's 4.5" backspacing? On 15x8.5" they(265) are 10.9" wide and the 275's are 11.2". Oh yeah what do you guys think would look better, Black side wall or Raised white/outline letters, on Mag 500's of course.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I haven't had much luck with my recent purchase of a set of Vintage 45 16 x 8 wheels with 4.5" BS.

Everything I read prior to my purchase suggested that a wheel with 4.5" of BS would be a good fit. With an 8" wheel and that much backspacing it put the wheel let alone the tire under the lip of the rear quarter.

After my purchase I received some advice that the proper BS for 67/68 would 5.5", after doing alot of measuring on my car, I tend to agree with that recommedation.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I haven't had much luck with my recent purchase of a set of Vintage 45 16 x 8 wheels with 4.5" BS.

Everything I read prior to my purchase suggested that a wheel with 4.5" of BS would be a good fit. With an 8" wheel and that much backspacing it put the wheel let alone the tire under the lip of the rear quarter.

After my purchase I received some advice that the proper BS for 67/68 would 5.5", after doing alot of measuring on my car, I tend to agree with that recommedation.
5.5" BS would never clear in the front. Also the problems you are facing are because you went with a 16" wheel. 16" wheels are the worst to fit, a 17 clears the control arm a 15 is under the control arm, a 16 is on the control arm.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the rear? 4.5" BS w/the above size tires on a '68 FB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts