Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I took my c5ae 289 heads to the machine shop the other day. I was told that i needed new vavle guides for all sixteen vavles. and the exhaust seats all cut for every vavle. .
is 275.00 a reasonable price for the rebuild? that includes bead blasting. inspecting,replacing above+ my new felpro seals. painting.
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Damn cheap, if you'll excuse my French...

If the shop has a good rep, you got the bargain of the week....I'm assuming they're putting new OEM-style valves in, yes? If things are worn enough to replace guides and seats, then valves are toast..

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If that's for *both* heads it's an excellent price, reputation withstanding. Sounds closer to a "per head" cost to me though!
If that is the price, you have just found a middle man career to make money with! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid 400 for my 68 6cyl. head. Darn nice job too. Go for it if they have a good reputation. By the way, where do you live? you didn't fill in your Bio so we could follow you to this machine shop that does such inexpensive work. Make sure that's for both heads. I called an electrician one day and two guys showed up. They said $30 an hour. When they got done the bill was twice the hours worked. Oh he says, that's 30 an hour each.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please, fill in the bio, or at least your mailing address so I can send you a set of heads to get done for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts