Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching this for awhile now and I think im going to pull the trigger and get some 275-60-15 drag radials on my 68 fastback. Anyone have any pics of this size tire on your mustang? Or any experience with driving with this tire? I have 275/50s right now and the car is lowered 1inch and they fit fine with plenty of room. the lips are rolled. I was hoping if I order stock height caltrac mono leafs I could fit the 275/60.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Here is my Nitto 555R 275/50-15 that I just put on. As I have a 3.0 gear I wanted the shorter tire. It does stick out beyond the lip but there is so much space even after I put the rest of the car together I do not think it will ever touch. I need to get under and check the inside for clearance, I could more than likely go with a different offset but I already had the rims. For me, I would worry about the 275/60's as you said, they are a little taller.

click for full size

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have been researching this for awhile now and I think im going to pull the trigger and get some 275-60-15 drag radials on my 68 fastback. Anyone have any pics of this size tire on your mustang? Or any experience with driving with this tire? I have 275/50s right now and the car is lowered 1inch and they fit fine with plenty of room. the lips are rolled. I was hoping if I order stock height caltrac mono leafs I could fit the 275/60.
I have 255/60/15 I have a 1inch block in the rear with 4.5 mid eyes, if you look at my build in the forum under my 1970 mustang transam style, you can see how it tucks, its pretty damn close and big speed bumps tap just a tad. My lips arent rolled and I'm sure yours would fit fine. The tuck is spot on if you ask me ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Am running 275/60/15 on my stock 68 Fastback 390 car. Plenty of room. Will get pics if you need them. Don't have any on the laptop I am currently using.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts