Vintage Mustang Forums banner

101 - 120 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
-you might as well be using a small garden hose to dribble gas down your intake.

-going to make it a real dog for in-town driving.

-since everything else is geared to ignore low and midrange on this build

-350 flywheel horsepower, with really horrible street manners and mileage that will even make 500 Caddy drivers feel economical.

-average horsepower will probably be way down,

-this thing is going to need avgas to run!
Man, I bet you’re a blast at parties...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Allen,

Apologies if you have said any of this already; are you going to be on an engine or chassis dyno? Running your water pump and alternator, or are you going to use the dyno cell’s own charging and cooling systems? Headers or full exhaust?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
AllenT, I will guess 475 hp, 390 tq. I eagerly anticipate the results. I really like the 8020 Stealth, and don't like single planes, generally. But a single would help your build, but its not allowed. I think your results will show the upper limit of what a Stealth will do. Where are you going to run this ? Do the rules require gasoline ? E85 would add 10 or 15% with no trouble, and you have enough compression to utilize it effectively. I'm seeing downleg boosters on the carb, right ? LSG

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Allen,

Apologies if you have said any of this already; are you going to be on an engine or chassis dyno? Running your water pump and alternator, or are you going to use the dyno cell’s own charging and cooling systems? Headers or full exhaust?
Engine dyno. The belt is hooked up of course but not using the alternator for charging. @patrickstapler can answer the cooling system question but I do know that the dyno shop has those hookups. It will be headers.

Allen

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
AllenT, I will guess 475 hp, 390 tq. I eagerly anticipate the results. I really like the 8020 Stealth, and don't like single planes, generally. But a single would help your build, but its not allowed. I think your results will show the upper limit of what a Stealth will do. Where are you going to run this ? Places like Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL. Do the rules require gasoline ? I will be using 110 race fuel. E85 would add 10 or 15% with no trouble, and you have enough compression to utilize it effectively. I'm seeing downleg boosters on the carb, right ? Yes. LSG
Allen

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
440HP 383 TQ. But hope you make more power!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Allen T, why the choice of 110 ? thats leaded, right ? how much does that cost you per gallon ? Around here, I'm close to Gingerman Raceway, E85, unleaded, @109 R+M/2, is usually cheaper than regular. For sale 5 miles from the track. Is 110 available at the track ? LSG

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Allen T, why the choice of 110 ? thats leaded, right ? how much does that cost you per gallon ? Around here, I'm close to Gingerman Raceway, E85, unleaded, @109 R+M/2, is usually cheaper than regular. For sale 5 miles from the track. Is 110 available at the track ? LSG
Now I'm supposed to be worried about cost? :LOL:

The 110 fuel is what my buddies use. I'm also in the petroleum equipment business and I have seen the effects of ethanol fuels and I'm really not impressed. Is it cheaper, sure, is it worth it is probably a better question...

Allen

·
Super Moderator
9,054 Posts

Yes 110 is available at the track. It's $9.00/gal. Yes it's leaded. I doubt his carb is setup to run E85...mine isn't. I don't believe I have seen a single vintage track car that is. Of course that doesn't mean they don't exist. However, if your car is setup for E85 an you run out at the track, guess where you will be...on the trailer on the way home...at least the tracks I have visited.

101 - 120 of 267 Posts