Vintage Mustang Forums banner

121 - 140 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
You could join my circle of friends, they all treat me just like this!! :LOL:

Allen
Man I don’t really know you and I’m excited for you. I hope this thing makes you giggle like a girl when they wind it up and you see the numbers.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Man I don’t really know you and I’m excited for you. I hope this thing makes you giggle like a girl when they wind it up and you see the numbers.
Haha, I do too! What part of NC do you live. I have kin in Fuquay-Varina...

I hope I have all the T's crossed and the I's dotted and the tension will begin to build from next Wednesday on...

Allen

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Yes 110 is available at the track. It's $9.00/gal. Yes it's leaded. I doubt his carb is setup to run E85...mine isn't. I don't believe I have seen a single vintage track car that is. Of course that doesn't mean they don't exist. However, if your car is setup for E85 an you run out at the track, guess where you will be...on the trailer on the way home...at least the tracks I have visited.
Too bad you don’t have a friend with fuel connections

Mark

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Haha, I do too! What part of NC do you live. I have kin in Fuquay-Varina...

I hope I have all the T's crossed and the I's dotted and the tension will begin to build from next Wednesday on...

Allen
Western NC, about an hour or more west of Charlotte. F-V is too flat for me, I’m in the foothills.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Eeerrr wait. Real HP you say . I found your solution ,,

When it says call for price, you can hold on to you hat (and wallet).

I'm not going to make the horsepower they do, obviously. But I also won't have 20k in the build, unless I need to do it more than 2 more times...

Allen

·
Spammer Hammer
9,171 Posts
CA is 520HP+ at $25K+ I learned this week that’s the initial buy in. They change their valve springs every 25 hours and do a complete rebuild every 50 hours. So depending on how many events per year...that will go pretty quick.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
CA is 520HP+ at $25K+ I learned this week that’s the initial buy in. They change their valve springs every 25 hours and do a complete rebuild every 50 hours. So depending on how many events per year...that will go pretty quick.
It's nothing but money... :p

Almost like paying $9 a gallon for petro...;)

Allen

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Allen T, the cost IS a factor, when it comes to fuel. We have had no trouble with E85 here, and it makes power, and for less than $50 per tankful versus almost $200 for the 110,.....4 times the fun per dollar is hard to beat in my book ! But, a big part of that is availability, and do you have compression enough to make the best of it. E85 is for sale at at least a dozen places close to me. Not everyplace has that option. LSG

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Allen T, the cost IS a factor, when it comes to fuel. We have had no trouble with E85 here, and it makes power, and for less than $50 per tankful versus almost $200 for the 110,.....4 times the fun per dollar is hard to beat in my book ! But, a big part of that is availability, and do you have compression enough to make the best of it. E85 is for sale at at least a dozen places close to me. Not everyplace has that option. LSG
So it's 109 octane? What's the cost? What's the compression needed for the fuel/optimum for the best HP?

Allen

121 - 140 of 301 Posts