Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was yanking my 289/C4 yesterday, prepping for a newer motor, a guy walked up and offered to by my 289 2V and C4. It has less than 30k on it, I have two extra intakes for it (2V and a 4V), and it's mostly complete, radiator to trans, aircleaner to oil pan. Any idea on the value? He asked for a price, and I said I'd check around.. how much should I reasonably ask for this setup?

Thespazardman

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Look at it as if you were buying it, What would you pay for an engine not in a vehicle and can't see it running. It's scrap metal price to him. While you know how well it ran and the rebuild was 30K ago, he does not. Is he a friend, neighbor?
Reading Mustang Monthly last night, saw an classified for a 289 rebuilt 3K ago $500.00
Rebuilt long block delivered Omaha $625.
Just my .02c

1966 Red Conv (200)
1966 White Pony Int.(289)A Code
1966 Coupe (289) C Code
MCA 36048

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
If the guy knows that it runs and how well, I'd say 500-600.00 would be a fair asking price...

You're selling more than just an engine...

BTW, you probably know you can get more money for a running engine in a car but I imagine this wasn't on your mind when pulling it...

You could sell it at a higher price with a return option if it doesn't start and run....I'd mark all critical component seals and attachments so some unscrupulous buyer can't mess with you...

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

·
Registered
466 Posts
I am looking for a 4V intake for a 1965 ford mustang A-Code 289......

Is this the piece that you have? If so, drop me a quick e-mail.

Thanks

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts