Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doofus award here!! I was going to take out my thermostat and see if the motor would run any cooler. Mind you, I have changed to 3 differant temp t-stats and had this apart at least that many times. For some reason I peaked into the by-pass tube on the t-stat cover and noticed it was plugged almost completly with a piece of crap!! Had not even looked in there in my previous work. Cleared that passage, put it back together, took a couple of hard runs, and the gauge never went past half way!! Yes, I feel like an idiot but I'm glad it's ready for summer anyway! Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
That is not worthy of a doofus...you must first screw something up deliberately...

Good job of troubleshooting, though!

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

G

·
0 Posts
Not sure you have to screw up something *deliberately* to win a Doofus Award. For instance, I once poured Roundup into my wife's car rather than antifreeze (the containers looked the same). I would argue that it was certainly doofus-worthy! By the way, it's been 50K and we've yet to see a weed yet in her engine bay ;)

Cecil Bozarth

1966 GT Coupe (Tahoe Turquoise with black pony interior)

1994 GT Convertible

1 - 3 of 3 Posts