Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a set of 289 heads and a bottom end with the purchase of my 66 project. Both appear to have been rebuilt but have been sitting for what looks like a very long time. The bottom end has .030 pistons installed in it with a 302 crank and the C8 302 heavy duty rods that have the 3/8 rod bolts. They are not stock 5/16 rods and then sized up!!!

Bottom end is frozen solid. I am soaking it to try and get it free. Even if I get it free I suspect it will not be worthy of a simple hone and overhaul. I think it’s to rusty.

The heads appear to have all new valves and springs with slight rust showing on most of it. I would not be afraid to run the heads as is. They look great. The rocker arm studs have been pulled and I’m sure it was to prep for screw in studs. The heads have the rectangle pushrod holes. I have almost all ford screw in studs for the heads. I think there are like four missing. Just how I got it all.

I also have a 289 crank. Less

$100 for it all

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I'd be interested in the heads if you were closer. To far to drive for just them.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
If you are heading up north anytime soon let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts