Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot,street driven.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Alan,

Assuming you have headers, a 4bbl intake and 9:1 compression or more, the Ford Racing cam with .472 intake and .496 exhaust lift, (duration 214, 224) works well. The part number is FMS-M-6250-A312. The cam in my signature is Crane Cam that I like a lot. It is a bit lumpier. I cannot say I have any time sheets to tell which one ran better, but I doubt they are far apart.

I would say to avoid the "Performer" cam as it is just too mild for a manual transmission and 3.55 gears.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
I forgot,street driven.
We'd need to know more about the combination to make an informed recommendation, but the A312 is a good blanket recommendation for most apps of this type.

IMO, you'll have to be more specific.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 650 holley,Perf rpm manifold,headers,4 speed, 3.55 t-loc, 620 coils lowered 1 inch, 5 leaf lowered 1 inch, huge sway bars. I just have too much cam for my power brakes. Will the cam you suggested provide enough vacuum for my brakes?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I can't answer your vacuum question but Summit sells vacuum canisters for situations such as yours.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
(Not sure what you have now) but...Might want to consider steping to screw-in rocker arm studs, once you get up to about a 1/2" of lift.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
I have a 650 holley,Perf rpm manifold,headers,4 speed, 3.55 t-loc, 620 coils lowered 1 inch, 5 leaf lowered 1 inch, huge sway bars. I just have too much cam for my power brakes. Will the cam you suggested provide enough vacuum for my brakes?
IMO, yes. You should be able to do it without a canister, but definitely no problem with one, if you run the A312 or equivilent. I ran something similar, except solid lifter, in my street racer and drove it daily with no brake issues. Even cruised the main *G*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts