Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Cool video. I know the gentleman doing the engine disassembly and reassembly, and have had a couple of my engines machine work done at the shop in the video as I live near Traverse City, MI. On a side note, I stopped in and saw the Bullitt Mustang back in 2018 when Hagerty had it on display at their headquarters in Traverse City.

Reactions: Bernnstang

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Kinda neat video, I wonder if there was a print article that explained how they were doing things. I like that the crank was polished and not ground, and that they chose nicer pistons, and did thread in studs and hard seats and ARP rod bolts. But they didn't use a torque plate when boring and honing, and didn't convert the front gallery plugs to thread in. But it looked alot like the place I retired from. LSG

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kinda neat video, I wonder if there was a print article that explained how they were doing things. I like that the crank was polished and not ground, and that they chose nicer pistons, and did thread in studs and hard seats and ARP rod bolts. But they didn't use a torque plate when boring and honing, and didn't convert the front gallery plugs to thread in. But it looked alot like the place I retired from. LSG
The nitty gritty lowdown on the Ford 289 V-8 Redline Rebuild | Hagerty Media. They did a video where he explains the whole process and everything they did. This is it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts