Discussion Starter #1
Has been cancelled.

Unnecessary Copper collector gaskets - $21
Incorrect brass plugs - $5
5/8 x 1" bolt - $0.65
Burned knuckle - Free
Banged knuckles - Free
Antibiotic cream for infected burned knuckle - $5

Driving the car without an exhaust leak before the rains came - Priceless.

I got it running on Friday night as predicted and had a nice cruise on Friday by myself and yesterday with SWMBO out through Issaquah and Fall City via Issaquah-Fall City road (nice drive).

All you bargain hunters are going to have to keep looking for your cheap convertible ::

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Damn , and I just got my credit card paid off too !
Ya know the top's gonna start leaking and the cowl too , so ya better dump it quick ,and cheap ! :: ;) ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
So you needed a bolt?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Probably just as well Keith. SWMBO bought the $29.95 welder story. The $29.95 air compressor was pushing things a bit. I think she'd call me on a $29.95 convertible!

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. A bolt. There's a hole in the head for some smog crap. There WAS a plug in there that must have worked its way loose and fell out. I put a bolt in its place. The other side didn't fall out, but I did buy an extra bolt for that hole just in case.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Yes. A bolt. There's a hole in the head for some smog crap. There WAS a plug in there that must have worked its way loose and fell out. I put a bolt in its place. The other side didn't fall out, but I did buy an extra bolt for that hole just in case.
I keep telling you, man... You deviate from stock, weird things happen! ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I keep telling you, man... You deviate from stock, weird things happen!
Yeah! It's called performance! ::
Oh. It must be a "sleeper". It's fooled me good up to this point!

Glad everything's working out. Hope it stays that way for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
OK $39.95 then. Even at that price, I'm sure SWMBO would be tickled pink if I brought that home for her!! ::

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It has spent a fair amount of time sleeping. But when it is awake it's quite entertaining.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts