Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
More importantly, what is the number stamped into the mounting foot right under the dashpot?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ya it does to me too.. although I know the tag can be moved to the newer carb if it had been replaced.. but to me yes that looks OE :p

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can read the "Autolite" but can't discern the numbers. I've considered PonyCarbs, even though, by reading older threads, I feel I can do the rebuild myself with my dad (who worked as an industrial mechanic for Ford for 15 years!). BTW, I'm not anywhere near my car and won't be for another 3 months.

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Rebuilding it is a cake walk. Taking it apart and putting it together
is maybe 2 hours or so your 1st time. Getting it clean is probably
a little longer. In under a half day you'd be looking good no matter
how you cut it......

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The 2100 is super easy to rebuild. I did mine in about three hours, but I was meticulously cleaning every part. The choke finally works perfectly, and that wasn't even the reason for the rebuild!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday I rebuilt my OE 2100 Autolite with a Walker Fuel system Repair kit (p/n 10035) ($18.00). It was very easy to do. I also replaced the fuel filter with a replacement one from Advanced Auto Parts. Some cracked fuel hoses were replaced too.
The difference in engine performance was big. No more hesitation or stalling.
The Borg-Warner kit has the same part number (10035).
I also received from eBay the flywheel cover plate for my C4 tranny. Installed it in 5 minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts