Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a reasonably priced, quality 3/8" drive click type torque wrench with a ft/lbs calibration. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
319 Posts
First of all this, ToolTopia.com
second, this. Great deal on Precision Instruments C3FR250F at ToolTopia.com

For the price you really can't go wrong, great manufacturer warranty. A ton of techs at my shop use this one on the daily and it has yet to let anyone down. Except one guy, his broke after 2 years and they fully replaced it for free. Also most people overlook the need for a flex head, it makes a world of difference, even if your just torquing wheels.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,580 Posts
I too have a Kobalt torque wrench, think it cost me 75 bucks? It's quite nice and I like the locking mechanism built in to the adjustment side of things.

That torque wrench listed by OneTireFire seems to be a pretty awesome deal though!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
First of all this, ToolTopia.com
second, this. Great deal on Precision Instruments C3FR250F at ToolTopia.com

For the price you really can't go wrong, great manufacturer warranty. A ton of techs at my shop use this one on the daily and it has yet to let anyone down. Except one guy, his broke after 2 years and they fully replaced it for free. Also most people overlook the need for a flex head, it makes a world of difference, even if your just torquing wheels.
This is what I would use also. Made in the USA. I have the 3/8 style like this. I like the split beam style
http://www.tooltopia.com/precision-instruments-c2fr100f.aspx

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts