Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anyone seen, heard of or thought about putting a Tbird SC 3.8L supercharged motor in a 71-3 Mustang? I would like to next winter, and I now have a donor car which I am taking everything from, and selling the rest. My 71 has a T-5 in it as well. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
You are in for a beating aren't you.. As the long time owner of a SC, You better expect about a miles worth of wiring the ingenuiety to make all the sensors in the Thunderbird work on the Mustang. The Thunderbird's CPU is integrated with the adjustable suspension and braking systems. The CPU processes data such as, vehicle speed, steering angle, braking pressure, and that's just for starters. The engineering that went into the SC is incredible and mind-boggling. I don't want to be a kill-joy here, But everwonder why nobody has ever done it before? But I would admire your determination if you could make it happen. You may want to pick up the complete Ford Manual set for the t-bird before starting .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts