Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34,269 Posts
That place is amazing. I was there a while back, reading the placard on an 80's Motorsport Mustang. It looked so good I said out loud "I wonder if it runs?" and a voice behind me said "I had it up to 200 mph at Lime Rock last weekend".

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That place is amazing. I was there a while back, reading the placard on an 80's Motorsport Mustang. It looked so good I said out loud "I wonder if it runs?" and a voice behind me said "I had it up to 200 mph at Lime Rock last weekend".

View attachment 741672
WOW ! Did you know they now have the 2nd and 3rd open?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ross Meyers has been collecting for over 30 years. from classic 20's cars all the way up. He has a penchant for Ford race cars as can be seen from these photos ( less than 10% of all the cars he owns) He has a full time staff of guys to maintain them headed by Chris Leibenburg , who also drives some of them at vintage events . He has ( among others) the Smokey Yunick '69 Boss 302 , the '70 George Follmer Boss 302 , A Holman Moody Nascar 427 Galaxie driven by Fred Lorenzen , Indy cars , midgets , Vintage roadsters , and at least one Grand National Roadster Show "Riddler Award " winner , their most prestigeous award. Ross participates at vintage races all over the US and even Canada. Ross is a VERY nice guy and passionate about his cars.
Randy

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's about 4 hours from my house, might have to think about an overnight trip this summer.
It's not open to the public, You will have to contact them and they will give you a date for your group or you could ask them if you could join another group.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The Ronda car is actually his second. The first one crashed at Lions when an axle broke . After Ronda this car went to Bill Ireland. Probably THE most correct one out there as most of the others were heavily modified.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts