Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a complete, running 289, with a good C-4 tranny attached, for $250, total! This old guy (just kidding, if he's reading this) is busy installing a 460 in his soon-to-be '46 Lincoln hot rod, and couldn't be bothered with this extra engine.

He says the 289 is mildly built, whatever that means. New (less than 6 mo. old, and it looks it) Edelbrock 1406 carb., Performer 289 intake, chrome Edelbrock air cleaner, not sure which cam, and it is clean.

It was just too good to pass up. I've known the guy a long time, and believe him about the condition. How do I tell SWMBO that I now have three engines for my one Mustang?

I guess she'll get over it; I hope.

Mark

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
That's way too good of a deal to pass up. The intake manifold would cost you more than that!

G

·
0 Posts
Simply tell her you must find another mustang or two to adopt these poor engines.

G

·
0 Posts
Congratulations, I guess that about sets you for life in providing motors and parts for your mustang. You will probably not need to look any more. It was a great deal though and could/should not have been passed up.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeap, Tell her about the little baby that those 2 engines made, and she wants to hear his first words, sooner or later.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands for $275.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
You can drop it off at my shop for $300.If anybody asks,it followed me home....

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,213 Posts
Something will turn up that needs it.
I pulled the good 2.3 out of SWMBO's 86 and put in a 302. I thought "what in God's name would I keep a Pinto motor for?".
I stuffed it in a corner anyway. Sure enough about 6 months later a very clean little Ranger popped up dirt cheap with a destroyed engine. I spent one weekend swapping motors, another half day cleaning up the truck and came out $800 ahead. Glad I hung onto that motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts