Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

Can I put these belts in a fastback? I called and they said yes, and directed me to a website that showed the installation. The website shows the installation in a coupe, and doesnt say anything about cutting panels. It looks like im gonna have to cut my interior quarter panel to get the third point mounted. Anybody have experience with them?

Thanks!

-Dustin

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
PS..

*Which seatbelts?* *What installation page?*

If you provide the url's , you'll probably get better answers to your question.

The link above is for a coupe, and I now the fastback panels are a little different. I think its kinda what looks good and what you can live with. (aka, what you "cut up").

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered a set from www.threepointbelts.com. They showed an install on a coupe and it worked fine in my '67 vert. I think they are the same.
I found one problem. The 'cover' plate for the rear pivot does not fit back on, it hits on the inside quarter. I am going to try to shave it down and see if it works.
It took about an hour to do.
If they come from the same place you will laugh when you see the written directions. No spell check there!!
Gordy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts