Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from the Yellow Rose Classic. They probably had 40 to 50 immaculate vintange stangs! I saw a 65 coupe that had 3 point seatbelts in the front and back. Unlike the posts that I have read here, these were anchored on the top front corner of the interior quarter panels with a backing plate on the door sill area for lack of a better description. When you open the door, at the very top rear corner of the sill area. The plate was about one inch by two and looked good. The rear seat belts were anchored on the package tray with a backing plate inside the trunk. It looked very clean and functional. The only problem I could see would be an interference with the quarter window handles. It looked like it would be fairly close. No problem on this car though as it had power windows front and back!! I am trying to find out what kind of seat belts were used and just how strong the front anchors really are. If anyone has seen this mod, let me know what you think. It will beat adding a roll cage just to add three point seatbelts.

Sanford

·
Registered
242 Posts
Try looking at www.mustangsafety.com. I believe this is the setup you have seen. She has a list of links on one page that will tell you how to get in touch with the company. They sell DOT approved seat belts and the installation is also strong enough to hold in a collision. I bought a set of these for my fastback only they attach at the roof rail.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the mod from this page http://www.stephanies-mustang.com/ which I think would work a lot better than the mod from the sally's mustang page as it does not make it nearly impossible to get into the back seat, and it also uses the same connect point (more or less) as the future factory 3 points (of course it also means you have to mess with your headliner) the article talks about welding, but my local machine shop said it really wasn't nessecary.

Best,
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts