Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have a 67 mustang fastback. It is not an original motor. From the numbers I found, it is a 1979 302 small block. I want to replace the carburetor. But I keep getting conflicting information. Please help!

My carburetor has a curved base, which I've learnt is a 2100. The newer 2150 has a straight back base. But when scorching this carb, all the new carb listings for a 2100 have a straight back? They look exactly like the 2150 and some listing has both numbers. Any listing I found with a curved base seems to be an old used carb. I have that. I want new.

The base plate on mine is also curved. Is it possible to replace that with a straight so I can mount the new 2100/2150 straight base carb? Do i need to replace the manifold?

Help! Sun is out and I want to get my car on the road.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
4,132 Posts
Looks like this guy used the thick style 2150 gasket and bolted in onto where a 2100 was. Can you rebuild the 2100 you have?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I made a plate out of .25 aluminum that I was going to use to "cover the gaps" (with a gasket over and under) when I was going to put a Holley 2bbl on a '77 manifold - I have base gaskets and a whole unopened 2150 rebuild kit too - I'm cleaning out - If you or anyone on here can use it, you can have it all, just PM me. The manifold is available for free too, but that would need to be picked up - I ended up with a steal on a Performer RPM and 600 Holley.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made a plate out of .025 aluminum that I was going to use to "cover the gaps" (with a gasket over and under) when I was going to put a Holley 2bbl on a '77 manifold - I have base gaskets and a whole unopened 2150 rebuild kit too - I'm cleaning out - If you or anyone on here can use it, you can have it all, just PM me. The manifold is available for free too, but that would need to be picked up - I ended up with a steal on a Performer RPM and 600 Holley.
That would be awesome!

Having troubles PMing you though

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
4,132 Posts
This is why I love this site!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts