Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose the subject is pretty much self-explainatory.Anybody have any recommendations?Places to avoid?I need one for a 65.TIA

·
Registered
695 Posts
I got my 393 shortblock from Coast high performance. It took 3 weeks longer then they originally said, but I am very happy with the quality.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I bought a 331 from Keith Craft, he was recommended by many others here. They were willing to allow me to send them specific parts, and were willing to build the motor to specific requests I made. I had them run the motor on their dyno, it produced 410 hp at 4800 rpm and 430 torque at 4100 rpm. It was completed and delivered within the promised time frame. I am very pleased with the service and results.

If you want more specific data PM me with what you would like to know.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
If you can't get the Victorian tea room that did my motor, then I'd have to recommend Keith Craft as well! Haven't heard one bad thing about them.

-bob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did you get a complete motor or just a long block. Any specifics on what you had included in your motor.. i.e heads, forged pistons, rods and price would be helpful. I'm considering going to fuel injection but may consider a carb if the results you got are positive. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Will

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Check the crate engine section of Keith Craft's website. I selected the 331 450HP engine. I asked for AFR heads, all the other details are there on the website. www.keithcraft.com

I wanted a less aggressive cam than that engine came with and wanted a dual plane intake, not the Vic Jr. they originally use. They had Comp cams custom grind a cam based upon my requests. I have a C4 with stock converter, a 3:55 rear. I have power brakes so having enough vacuum was important. I also did not want an erratic idle. while the engine ended up 40 HP down from the original, it is still quite powerful.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the input.I'll definitely be checking out the Keith Craft motor.And I see that they're in Plano TX.Very convenient.Again,thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Plano? They're in Arkedelphia, Arkansas... They have another location I don't know about?

-bob

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I came up with two locations.The one in arkedelphia and
Keith Craft Motorsports
1611 North Central Expressway
Plano TX 75075
972-578-3550

1 - 11 of 11 Posts