Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished scraping the undercoating off of the p/s inner fenders and what a p.i.t.a. Actually I found that some of the old seam sealer is still fairly good after all these years.
My question is this: What did Ford originally use as a sealer around bigger "gaps" like where the toe-board meet the frame
and corners? It seems to be just regular glazing putty like you would use on glass window panes.Thanks,Bob

Was Bob Emmerich on old forum

Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got advise from HorseHeaven from the old board who restores Mustangs for a living. Here is his response:

"For non-painted seams, like inside the trunk and on the floors, use "Henry"
brand 209 Elastomastic roof sealant from Home Depot, which is very similar to
the black stuff Ford used.

- Harland"


65 GT Coupe, dismantled waiting for resto.
67 Restomod Coupe, in assy.
69 Mach 1 S code, SWMBO say don't take it apart!
91 5.0 LX HB, driver.

· Registered
160 Posts
Hi Bob,
I have seen Seam Ruberized sealer in caulking gun used in some instance. Eastwood has the product .. Curious to see what else is being used out there.

1969 Coupe
1965 Fastback (Project)
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.