Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, after the trials and tribulations, I pulled the trigger on the Shelby, will pick it up at 4 tomorrow. I will use a car trailer and an 04 F-150 (easy Ken not yours). It runs and drives fine, just don't want to screw with the rush hour traffic from Everett to Federal Way at 5-6 PM.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I pulled the trigger on the Shelby, will pick it up at 4 tomorrow
::..... I hate you! :p :: :: ::

Congrats! :)

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I hate you more. But that can be reduced by letting me drive it. ::

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to come and see it!
You'll have to take some comin' home on the trailer pictures for posterity. ::

Since you don't have any kids...you're welcome to adopt me. <the vulchers begin to circle> I figure it's the only way I'll ever own a Shelby. ;)

Seriously, very happy for ya Scott. I know you'll take great care of it! ::

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Congrats, Scott! I just spoke to a guy who bought his 68 Shelby vert from a repossession comany for (gulp) $19,000. Seems like the Shelby "bug" is getting around these days ::

Please promise me that your next ride will be something (Ford) from the '30"s.....you have far too many nice mustangs ::

·
Registered
656 Posts
Congrats!!! I can't wait to see all your mustangs together in one place. You're gonna be your own one-man car show!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I am pumped about getting it home..On a sadder note, I sold the GTA to a buddy of mine that is a car nut..with the right to repurchase if he decides to sell. See steve, I need a roof over my head also! ;) As far as driving it, I have no problem letting anyone on this forum drive it, as most of you know, my feelings are now matter how nice all cars should be driven and enjoyed by all :: Besides it is just driver quality now anyway. And Dean, thanks for that, $19K ::I don't feel so well now! ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Good thing you sold the GTA....I was starting to get a "hair" about asking you about it! ;)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh come on Ken..a "hair" :: I like your new pic, I am thinking you were flat on the ground??

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
I say we have a little VMF test drive party and everyone bring thier stangs over to Ken's place. Then we could head next door for some 6 a breast runs down the air strip! ::

CONGRATULATION SCOTT! Good For YOU!

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Yeah...."wild" hair! ;) I "really" liked the looks of that GTA...If the truck deal was done and behind us....I probably would have asked you what your plans were for it?

Thanks... the pic turned out nice..I've played around enough now...that I'm starting to learn the so called ropes for taking decent car pics (shadows,lighting and angles).
Still cut off "people" heads....but do ok with cars! :: ::

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Congratulations - something about those Shelby's...

I've been keeping tabs on your talk about the Hertz car and am glad to see it made the cut and you're getting it. I love the Hertz look, but I think I'd have to swap in a 4 spd for fun ;-)

Mine's just one of them plain jane white with blue stripe cars... dammit...

-bob

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Bob,
Lurking in the PNW section again huh :: That's a good thing, we need control here! ;) I agree auto's aren't 1/3 the fun..we'll give it a little bit before..........

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I've been keeping tabs on your talk about the Hertz car and am glad to see it made the cut and you're getting it. I love the Hertz look, but I think I'd have to swap in a 4 spd for fun ;-)
Bobby, don't even suggest thinking about that!!!! ::

Mine's just one of them plain jane white with blue stripe cars... dammit...
Hey, five large and yours could be gold-on-black too!

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
OK Scott, I'll join the rest of the group with a "I HATE YOU", but really I'm green with envy. :: :: Bummer on the GTA, but you're steppin up.

Now as far as this statement:
As far as driving it, I have no problem letting anyone on this forum drive it, as most of you know, my
feelings are now matter how nice all cars should be driven and enjoyed by all.
I just might have to take you up on it. Matter of fact, I'd give up my ride if the daughter(Shelby) could go for a spin with you. She would probably be flattered to get a ride in it, and I know she'd have a grin from ear to ear. It would be her first time in a Shelby. Wait a minute WTH am I saying? :: :: Maybe we can work something out.

Anyways, a big Congrats!!!

:: :: :D :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I forgot to add, I was looking at your pics of your Shelby this morning. I need to find out correct engine and compartment colors etc. To be honest, I would have preferred a non rental, but as you probably know I prefer black!

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Nothing prettier than those Hertz cars though, IMHO... I didn't catch the SFM6Sxxxx number for your car though, mine's a late one - 2131, but I lucked out and the original K motors there along with the T-10 (iron one though). Other than that, standard stuff - underriders, no A-arm relocation, etc...

I'm putting the T-10 and the K-motor in storage this winter and am switching to a stroker and toploader as I'll be throwing it around road courses next summer... no sense in risking the K motor for that and we all know how bad the T-10's are (although mine feels great right now having been just redone along with the engine being completely redone - good time to put them away!).

-bob

1 - 20 of 39 Posts