Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The starter cable strap that came on the original cable has a twist in it. Is this correct and if so can someone indicate where it fastens? Thanks..John

Attachments

·
Registered
10,261 Posts
EDIT: Initially, I had that bracket connected to the motor mount pin, but now it's connected to a wing on the engine block. As I recall, I did some research and determined that's the correct location. Here's a picture. It's hard to make out, but maybe it will help.

The negative battery cable also connects there.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Klutch. That would be the reason for the twist it it as well.
I just put the ground strap on so I'll remove and put both on that "ear" together. I'm assuming only 1 strap?
Thanks! ?
John

·
Registered
10,261 Posts
As I understand it, all but the earliest 1970 Mustangs had a built-in grommet in the negative battery cable which bolted to the fender apron. I ordered the "Heavy Duty" cables from NPD which don't have that grommet. That's why it's connected where it its.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "concours" set I purchased had a built in attachment strap to attach it at the voltage regulator screw and it looks correct. The starter cable had nothing so I removed the strap from the old original cable and put it o the new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts