Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys havent posted too much recently but heres a good one. I have a 351 cleveland and Im finally settling on a 408 stroker kit for it and in the end it should produce close to or over 500 hp and the fmx tranny wont handle that. So I thought about a 4 speed toploader and then Randy (bossman) said that maybe I should go to a 5 speed and get that extra highway gear. But I know that lots of the 5 speeds cant handle the horsepower. So I was looking to you guys for a good 5 speed that would handle the hp. Then also how much is the tranny gonna cost and how much for all the other conversion parts. And where can I find them.

Thanks John

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Tremec TKO wil handle the HP. About $1500. I don't know the cost for the conversion items, but may in a year or so after SWMBO gets over the engine build I've got going.

·
Registered
205 Posts
"3. HAVE YOU SLAPPED A TREEHUGGER TODAY?" No but on the way over the mountains today I ran over a few! It's fun to watch them scatter!!!

Darrel
Support your local timber Industry!

·
Registered
792 Posts
The conversion kit goes for between 300 and 400 dollars. Johns Mustangs also has a hydraulic clutch kit available for that swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts