Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys. Im thinking that with this tunnel ram I dont have many options and its not going to fit under my hood so Im gonna try and sell it but I want to find something nicer to go with. Like Ive heard of some great efi systems for the cleveland. And then someone mentioned the Funnel Web I was wandering if anyone had any information on these items. And then Also has anyone made a twin turbo for the cleveland just wandering because that would be a nice setup.

Thanks John

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
clevelands arent good for turboing.... 60 degree engines, and high compression

efi on the other hand.. now theres something that would be cool. Find an intake and use MegaSquirt!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I've been looking into a long term goal of a twin turbo efi 289w. I can get all the PCB's fabricated and do all the wiring and construction of the megasquirt easily, I'm just curious as to how good it is. From the site it looks pretty reasonable. With a TT setup wouldnt a custom intake manifold be ideal? I guess I'll have to learn to mig/tig weld /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
thats how a lot of things are... several people want to do it.. half know how to do it. It's the other half with the resources :p

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
The cleveland is a 90 degree v8, just like the others.....

My .02 on turbo clevelands is the exhaust ports in a forced induction environment......I'd probably consider picking up some yates heads!!

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
so you think that 4V open heads are not best suited for turbo applications!? You are NUTSO!! So am I though... welcome to the neighborhood!!

Jihn, there are no readily available bolt on EFI kits out there for the Cleveland. There are some generics (Holley makes one) that are throttle body injection, but there isnt a whol lot to gain there.

Turbos sound interesting, save the fact that there is next to no room in a 70 with a Cleveland to do it. Perhaps a shock tower delete a la Mustang II suspension will give you the required space? If you go turbo, get OPEN CHAMBER heads. Yours you have now are closed chamber... if you add turbo to that, you will kill it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a company called Spyder EFI that makes awesome EFI systems for clevelands and any other vehicle. They use a carb intake and convert it to have fuel rails and a throttle body and either use a 5.0 ECU or DFI never inquired that far about it but I think that it is a speed density system using a MAP sensor. You could combine the two and do a DFI system and the TT would be nasty, save up for the Mustang II front end, you'll definately need it. Another setup I have seen is a Weber Carb intake setup with the Webers converted to throttle bodies and injectors bosses welded into the intake and converting that type of intake to an EFI system, that is always an awesome setup but big $$$$$

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
There's actually a guy in town here who has an early 70's Pantera with a 351C in it, and it has twin turbos and nitrous. Not sure about EFI though. You can see his website at Pure Performance Racing. Go to the members link on the left hand side and click on Dave Doddeck's name. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts