Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post this for anyone in need. The heater hose outlet tube that presses into the block is part # C5AZ 8555 B according to the parts guy at Ford and he didn't have it either. I tried many places to find such tube including NAPA as some suggested. My local parts store chains couldn't find it anywhere. I decided to try one more place I that never visit O'Reilly Auto Parts. One of the guys there got out a parts book (yes a parts book instead of a computer) and there is was in the book. Murray part number 84716 and even had it in stock too.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Thought I would post this for anyone in need. The heater hose outlet tube that presses into the block is part # C5AZ 8555 B according to the parts guy at Ford and he didn't have it either. I tried many places to find such tube including NAPA as some suggested. My local parts store chains couldn't find it anywhere. I decided to try one more place I that never visit O'Reilly Auto Parts. One of the guys there got out a parts book (yes a parts book instead of a computer) and there is was in the book. Murray part number 84716 and even had it in stock too.
Good info, thanks.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Some folks tap the hole 3/8" npt (I think) and use a threaded barbed nipple.
BTW Dale Jarrett Ford in Monroe NC had like a dozen of the OEM nipples a few years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts