Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a complete engine, what I think is a '72 351c Cobra Jet. I want to sell it. What is the value? Located in Orlando, FL
Balancer - D1ZE-6316-AB
Rods - DOAE
4 bolt mains - DOAE-D
Block - D2AE-CA
Intake - D1ZE-9425-BB
Heads - D1ZE 4v heads

It has exhaust manifolds and oil pan, which has some baffles in it.

It is VIN stamped. 2A165909

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took a stab at a starting price. Pictures posted in the link:

·
Premium Member
12,028 Posts
I think you're way overpriced. The '72 and '73 351CJ's were dogs with low compression and retarded camshafts. The open chamber heads are good for trotline weights. The only thing of value is the 4 bolt main block. Somebody will want it to build a 408 stroker.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think you're way overpriced. The '72 and '73 351CJ's were dogs with low compression and retarded camshafts. The open chamber heads are good for trotline weights. The only thing of value is the 4 bolt main block. Somebody will want it to build a 408 stroker.
I agree. The blocks are identical to the 2 bolt blocks. Add 4 bolt caps, drill and tap for outer bolts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
$3,500? Seriously over priced. Try $400

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
I think you're way overpriced.
Totally agree. Unknown running condition and all, it's maybe $1000 to the right person, more likely in the $600-ish range.

"A" assembly plant code was Atlanta, so it came out of a Torino or Montego.

The '72 and '73 351CJ's were dogs with low compression and retarded camshafts. The open chamber heads are good for trotline weights. The only thing of value is the 4 bolt main block. Somebody will want it to build a 408 stroker.
Retarded camshaft, yes. Easily fixed with a timing chain set. The rest of that statement, complete hogwash. 351CJ was a fantastic package for the time. Long duration camshaft, dual point dizzy, slippy converter and proper gears, all factory spec'd, made it go just fine. It was a better package than the M-code 351C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts