Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, what is the height of a stock 2v 351c intake manifold? Second, If you were to choose a replacement to get better street performance what model whould you choose? I'm looking at the Edelbrock Performer of the X-Celerator. The Edelbrock is dual plane and has a power band of idle to 5500, the Weiand is single plane and has a power band of 1500-5800. Once I can raise the couple grand it will take I'm having a shop near my house install a new reciprocating assembly and a new roller valve train but will probobly stick with the 2v heads. Which would the Cleveland people here use?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well your heads choice is very important here...If you plan to stick with the 2V heads then I would go with the Xcellerator between the two....It really depends on how you drive and what your expectations are...The performer runs outta steam at more like 5000 RPM it really is not that much better than stock...The Blue Thunder from Australlia is a highly regarded manifold but very expensive...The Performer is about the same height as the stock intake but I do not know what that is....Check out the 351C forum at
http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419

·
Registered
284 Posts
From experience, the performer is juat a lightweight version of a stock intake. I have an X-celerator to install on the MetalMach as soon as I get the chance.

Next questions are, what gear and tranny are you running? MAtch the intake to your driving style and intentions.

The Blue Thunder is for 351-4V Clevelands only - I have one on the Radchero.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts