Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I got my basic question about engine swaps answered...now I have a specific question. Has anyone ever swapped a 351C into a 67/68 fastback? Is it possible? I've heard you need to cut the shock towers some...are the shock towers bolted or welded on? What other modifications need to be made? What kind of transmission/exhaust manifolds/headers will work with this swap? Thanks!

Brandon

Looking for fastback, project/light project car. I live in Columbia, Maryland.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can fit a 351C into a 67/68. You can even fit a big block! It's the 65/66 that has problems with the C. It can be done with tower massaging!! Hope this helps!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
The front end on that 67 is basically the same as a 70.... The year a 351C came in a Mustang. Manifolds/Headers for a 1970 reportedly will fit a 67 with a 351C..... Everything else (motor mounts, flywheel, bell housing, clutch, etc.) will swap off a 289/302.

Required tools for operating a Vintage Mustang:
1. Duct Tape
2. J.B. Weld
3. B.F.H. (Big Fat Hammer)
4. VINTAGE MUSTANG FORUMS II
View Album Here: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1616948&a=12352157

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
Hooker headers #6210 will put a Cleveland into a 67/68.
Clevelands also go into 65/66 with no shock tower work.
I have a Cleveland in my 65. I bolted it in. I use headers
from Tubular Automotive and a oil filter adapter from a

·
Registered
407 Posts
I did it in a coupe and a fastback. Just had to change exhaust.

Talk about a smokin' ride. With a two barrel I got clocked runnin' over 140. Yes, I was scared. Darn thing was bouncing all over the road. Nose was lifting and the rear was sliding back and forth. Passed everything but a gas station.

In the Fastback I had a three speed and I could smoke the tires thru all three. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts