Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the headers on a 70 Fastback w/ 351Cleveland and 4spd, and wanting recommendations... Brand, best place to buy,etc.. Probably should pay the extra for the ceramic coating for longer life too..
Thanks

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
FPA has a great rep, both for quality and ease of installation: FPA

Carl

·
Registered
319 Posts
I bought a set about a year ago from FPA for a 351C in a 65/66 stang. Nickle Chrome plated they were $650 shipped. You can get them plain steel, nickle chrome, or ceramic coated. I am very impressed with the workmanship, but have yet to set the engine in and bolt them on. That price is pretty good for an early chassis, but for the 70 you have lots more choices.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gess, a 351Clev in a 65/66 that is gotta be a tight fit! Did you have to modify the shock towers ?
#1 What finish do you recommend for keeping them looking nice ?
#2 question: Do you guys think headers really add signifcant HP over the stock manifolds ? This engine has a pretty healthy cam, Edelbrock alum. intake manifold and a Holley 750. In otherwords worth the money ?

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
A 4V Cleveland will never be a low end torque motor. With the large ports you have to build it to rev - 6000 rpm and beyond. Just like a Boss 351.

At those engine speeds headers make a big difference.

The FPAs are a good header. Get ceramic coated. Be prepared for some sticker shock - I paid $680 for mine.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Not sure what your looking for in a header. I went with Sanderson headers, I was looking for a shorty header because I didn't want them hanging down so low. I am happy with them so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts