Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Comp Cams 3135 timing set, a needle bearing thrust plate and new Ford Racing timing cover for the 69 block I'm building for Lolita. Looks like the timing set is so thick that the one-piece fuel pump eccentric lacks .150 of fitting under the timing cover.

Anybody run into this before ? I could just run an electric fuel pump, but have this lovely Holley mechanical that I already own.. Comp Cams swore this should all fit and that the cover is the problem. Ford Racing says 'taint so - that if I had only bought the Ford Racing timing set, that it would all fit just dandy. So there we are - the old finger pointing game. Personally I have no doubt that a thinner timing set would work, but with the 500 lbs open spring pressure I'm running, I don't think I want to do that.. Ford was quite adamant that ALL windsor timing covers are about the same internal dimensions. I've seen a few (in the last three days !!) and I think they're right.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I had this same problem and I brought the eccentric into work and ground .150 off of it. If you can't get this done just send it to me and I will have it done here at work for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts