Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a week ago we had a talk in the chat room, wondering what the FBD weighed with the 429 in it. I had done a g tech run and put in 3400 lbs it came up with 197 hp which I thought was kinda low. well I was WAY off on the weight. it is 3860 lbs with the small tool box and spare tire. That means with me in it I should have put 4100 lbs.
I have also been messing with the timing. I drop the initial to abot 17* and put the the 25* advance stop bushing in the MSD Mech dis. I was running 22* initial 18* stop bushing.
I also added 2 carb gaskets under the demon., put in a lighter spring in the vac secondary.
before the best I did in 0 - 06 with the G tech on a cool night was 6.49 sec with my brother inlaw in the car with me.
Today I had the kids which about even my brother in law. and it is 89* and humid. I hit 0 -60 in 6.38 sec i couldn't do that with just changing the secondary spring before. SO I think the improvement came with the timing changes.
This will really tell when I do the Dyno on Auguist 8.
what are your guy's and gals thoughts?

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Slim-Fast.... Speed secret of the decade! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
For each 100# you shed, you pick up 1.2 tenths of a second in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Man, I would never have thought the car weighed that much....Now, I wonder what my fastback weighes....
Anyone know what a '70 fastback weighes????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts