Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got offered 38k for my 67 gta convertible.the sales guy keeps 3k and nets me 35k.I'm up in the air on this thing and not sure what to do.The car is close to perfect and just about 7 months old on it's resto to a show winning driver.it was redone top to bottom,in and out.A-code completely rebuilt and auto trans too,76,000 miles SanJose car.New discs,power top,quarters,door skins,floors,complete two tone interior,lites,wires,console,exhaust,fuel system,suspension,paint and detailed engine and compartment and under carrige.If I forgot to name it,it was done too.it is a lot of money,but it's a true gta vert.sometimes enjoying the ride is worth more than dough.it's great profit,but can I replace it,and keep a chunk of money?Let me know what you all think?I'm goin nuts!!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I personally wopuld let it go. I would think that through diligent shopping you could find a really clean big block car or something else equally cool for less than you sell that car for.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
i would sell the car and get something else. if you are really making out on it.
anythings for sale at the right price.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Nah, I would hold out, especially if this is his first offer. The way prices have been going, if he is dumb enough to offer that much, he will be dumb enough to offer more. ( not that your car isn't worth it) Honestly, you have to decide if all the sweat to do it all over again is worth it. And believe me the cost to do it all over again is going to be higher than what you originally paid for it to be done in the first place.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Take it to Barrett Jackson and get a ton more!! LOL

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Unless the car has some sentimental value to you... ( first car, been in the family, etc... ) I would say that is top, top dollar for an A code vert. I would sell it.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Compared to what Stangs are bringing at Barrett right now...$38K seems low to me! '67 GT A code 4spd Fastbacks are bringing over $30K in really nice shape NOT at Barrett Jackson!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Don't get greedy "if" you wanted to sell it anyway. Also, depending condition of the car ??, Is this a show condition? there are many levels of nice if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
886 Posts
it's great profit
Not many of us will be able to say this when we sell our cars. I agree with the other poster who said unless there is some sentimental value - sell it. 99% of us will never sell a car at BJ, so don't let that influence your decision. Just because some cars are selling for crazy money there doesn't mean yours necessarily would.

Good luck on your decision

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
IMHO, If you were going to sell it anyway go ahead, if you were not and wanted to keep it and enjoy it do so. I would not buy or sell a car unless it was something I had in mind. In otherwords inless it was life changeing money not nice profit money and I wanted to keep a car it would remain mine.

Now thats just my choice. If you had planned to sell it and move on to another car anyway and possibly upgrade than I would say go and sell the car.

I don't think you will be able to buy the car for the kind of money your talking about getting for in in the conditon you discribe next year if anyone doensn't live under a rock.

The market is currently being set by Barrett-Jackson, right wrong, indiffernt and the bar is going HIGH. I suspect your car you have now will be higher number next year but I've been wrong before thats for sure.

I guess bottom line is It's your car do what makes you happy

·
Registered
431 Posts
I agree about keeping it if you are attached - which you seem to be because you said you were agonizing over it.
Unless you need the money.
However, the $35k will melt away and you will have no car and no cash - that would be sad.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
I would just keep it. If you sell then what would you get to eplace it, & what kind of condition would it be in?. I would not sell it just for the money unless you were consideing selling it anyway. Just my .02.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
The car should be able to sell itself. Find the right buyer and your price will go up. Pay someone to sell your car..Hahahahahahaha! Hold on to the car till spring and watch it go up in value.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts