Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
For 67 I understand the frame mounts are the same for all V8s in a Mustang. The block brackets and insulators are available from aftermarket suppliers. New repops should cost about the same as used originals right now.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know that, I have the frame mounts do you know where I can find the block brackets and insulators? I will start looking harder but I have not seen them except a pair of block brackets on Ebay.

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
The frame brackets are not the same. The mounting holes are drilled in a different location to change the mounting angle for the FE engine.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So just to be clear the car was originally a 390 and I am hoping the frame mounts were not changed. So I am looking for the rubber insulator and the engine mount plates. I may have a driver side engine mount plate so if you just have a passenger plate please let me know that too.

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help, I am going to wait until I pull the 302 this week to see if I have the stock 67 frame mounts, I will then probably just buy repro insulators and engine mounts.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts