Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be putting a 390 back in to my 67 Fastback soon and here is my question, It looks like at a minimum I need the rubber insulators and the Engine side Mounts, these parts cost between $255 to $305 for new repro stock replacements.

The TCP 390 engine mounts are only $225 and come with all new hardware and frame mounts?

I am going with a mostly stock engine and it will be original looking but for motor mounts it seems stupid to pay more for stock when I could get the TCP setup for less.

Any thoughts? What about increased vibration with the TCP engine mounts?

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
What are your intentions with the car? Are you going to sell it? What's the rest of the car going to be? Stock, custom? If the car is going to be stock, I'd go with stock, if it's going to be clearly custom, go with the TCP stuff, and if you're going for a stock looking resto but aren't worried about stuff that no one really looks at anyway, go with the TCP stuff, but IIRC the TCP stuff transmits a LOT more vibration to the car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You can get all of the orginal stuff at Mansfield Mustang for 240.00

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
http://mansfieldmustang.com/EngineMechanicalp2.html

67 390/428 ENGINE FRAME MOUNTS, attaches to shock towers,
2 required, sold in pairs $ 85.00 ORIG pair

67/70 390/428 ENGINE MOTOR MOUNT INSULATORS, Mustang & Cougar only,
2 required $ 71.10 N.O.S. ea

TOTAL....227.20
Uh, that's just two of the three pieces you need. You also need the engine mounts (that the insulators bolt to on the engine). They're about $120 a set.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah....I thought about that last night after I posted. There is someone on epay selling the complete set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts