Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted alittle about the supposed 390 GT engine I have for my 67. I've checked the date codes on intake and heads and dist. They are all within 2 to 5 days of one another and have the same letter for the month. Now the bad part. The dist. # which is C7MF doesn't seem to match what a 390 GT would have. Also the heads are C7AE-A which would be correct except for the fact that perogies said the exh. ports should have diagonal holes for the exh. mahifolds. Mine are straight up and down. The intake is correct for a GT. I'm sure of that. Now do I have a pieced together engine that happens to have all the date codes within days apart? I guess I have to dismantle to get bore and stroke info etc. If there are any 390 GT owners please give me any info you can concerning numbers etc. from your motors. I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, I cannot find a date code on the block. Its a C6ME. Where would the date be?
John

G

·
0 Posts
With the verical bolt pattern on heads sounds like a Tbird motor, they used the GT intake with an S on it a well, and those heads sound like the casting number a friend of mine found on a 390 engine out of a 67 Bird he bought for parts.I can't remember where I found the casting dates for my motor, sorry can't be of help there.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed
1964 Fairlane 500 2DR HT-the new project
1986 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 the "beater"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573428&a=11959254&p=43023698.jpg

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Quoteing from my Ford parts identifier book and looking @ my '67 GT 390 mustang mtr (all be it somewhat apart) the heads exhaust bolt holes there should be 14. The heads casting # from the book (I'd have to crawl over some stuff to look at my heads) is #C7OE-6090-F (emisions) -E (was non emisions). As far as block date code I took a quick look. Look behind oil filter housing but upside down on a flange near oil pan. Also some #'s just to the rear of fuel pump. You will see a "352" casted on front of mtr (r/h side) that signifies the "FE" series mtr, 352, 390, 428.

George

1 - 3 of 3 Posts