Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be doing the oil mod restriction of putting a Holley jet in the rocker stand oil feed orifice
on a C6Ae-r head. I've read up on doing this, but haven't seen any reference to the details of whether the jet is simply pushed into place and that's it, or if any type of sealer,etc may be used around the the threads of the jet? Seems like it might be forced forward under oil pressure and still allow oil to bypass the jet if it's just pushed into place.... I don't want to use the alternate method of tapping the hole and using a drilled out threaded brass plug in order to prevent any possible metal filings since this is an assembled running engine. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
First off why are you doing this? I've done it on some of the FE's I've worked on but not all. If it's a stocker you probably don't need to bother. You do want some oil up there as it cools the valve springs. At any rate, all I do is stick em in thread part first. That's it, they stay because the bolt that goes in the rocker shaft keeps it from coming out. Yeah, it might move down the hole but oil pressure will push it up against the bolt once the engine is running. I'd start with a 90 jet and work my way down.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
You can take a regular bolt, cut it to about 1/2" lon and drill a 1/8" hole in it. Drop it into the oil passage and install the special bolt over it. It is not going anywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts