Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Fastback up to a recommended shop this morning to have them diagnose what is wrong with the motor.
I drove it about 10 miles up to ths shop and the ticking noise was the same as it was when it 1st started the other night.
Well, guy at the shop called and said no oil pressure at all!! He is pulling the pan now to look further into it.
Hope I didn't bust anything up pretty bad driving it up to the shop.
It still had all the power and was running well like the day b4 it started ticking!

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya Art!
I'm praying that since the motor is not smoking or performing any less then b4 the noise...it won't be major. (Granted I didn't run the thing above 2200rpms this morning...but still...I know it still feels strong...like it did).

Mike

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I snapped an oil pump shaft in my old 69 Mustang 302 a few years ago, and I drove it home about 10 miles at low RPM. The engine ran great after I did the pump repairs and never gave me any problems. I was worried I had ruined the engine by driving with no oil pressure but the engine was OK in the end.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what is was...the oil pump shaft snapped. Guy at the shop said he checked the bearings and one was starting to wear so he cleaned it up and closed everything up and it is running much quieter now and has oil pressure!
Time will tell if I did any other damage...but at least for now it looks like I dodged a complete rebuild!
Time to get that oil pressure guage installed!

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really...that stuff actually does something!!?

Drove the Fastback home tonight, took it on the highway and got on it a bit...felt good...no weird noises...keeping my fingers crossed...

Mike

·
Registered
471 Posts
what oil pressure gauge isn't that what the IDIOT light is for. LOL> :: ::

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.