Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to know if anyone is using this motor, and how they like it. I was reading some old post on stroker motors and the replies on the 331-347 strokers seemed to indicate short engine life and excess oil use. Does the 392 have oil ring intrusion like most 347's or is the pin below the rings. I would hope with this being a FFRP motor that it would be a long term reliable motor. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The profile is now completed. I don't know if anyone caught it but the motor is a FRPP 392, not a FFRP or whatever it was I typed. Fast fingers, slow brain.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I've settled on something similar, but must wait for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I plan to use a 393W stroker kit from Scat Enterprises - the crank/rod ratio is reasonable. The wrist pin doesn't sit in the oil ring; the 331's don't either (and neither do some of the 347 designs); you compromise on the crank/rod ratio though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Alydar,
I have a ford 392 in my other car. I have not had any problems with the motor per se, except that the distributer that came with the motor kept slipping timing. It would run great and steadily got worse. I pulled it out and put in all MSD system and have 3600 miles on it. You might try clubcobra.com and post there about the 392, lots of guys there run them in their cobra replicas.
Gordy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts