Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its not a vintage mustang but its still a mustang!!! Anyone here can point me in the right direction for a 4.6 intake manifold. UMM mines broke by the water coolant cross over! If its not one thing its another!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Why did they make these out of plastic!!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Help products actually makes a replacement intake... Your local parts store will probably have to order it...

There are a few replacement manifolds out there, including one from Professional Products (in all aluminum as well)...

HTH...

·
Registered
13 Posts
There was a successful class action against Ford for Mustangs fitted with the plastic intake. It might be too late to claim but you could always try... Unfortunately I don't have a link to the class action website in my browser anymore but google should find it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can forget about the class action recall, that's long dead (I caught the tail end with my Crown Vic). Go to the junkyard and get one.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Get one for an 01 and newer mustang that has the aluminum crossover.

·
Registered
759 Posts
On PartsAmerica.com's web site:

You can get it through Discount Auto Parts, Advance Auto Parts, Schucks, Kragen, etc.

$232 plus tax (or you can order online and pay shipping too)...

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,699 Posts
AFAIK, you can't buy a new "all plastic" intake. Nor would you want one, you already know what happens to them. ALL the replacements, whether performance or stock, have the aluminum crossover like in the picture Stroker kindly provided. So just shop around for with a price that suits you. Make sure you match the year of the heads though. If you believe your engien to be "around '98-9" it'd be best to pull the intake to match up to the replcement. The '99+ "PI" heads have different intake passage shapes and the intakes DO NOT interchange. In other words that particular dog bit me once. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
I got a new and improved intake off Ebay and payed way less. It was for a Vic cop car, but Im sure they sell what you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts