Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade the belts in my 65. Has anyone found a good set of front seats that can accommodate belts?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Some people will crucify me for this but I've ordered Recaros and Schroth 4-pt belts for my 68. Just waiting on seat brackets now and then I will put them in. I realize it totally destroys the look and is a far cry from being period correct but I value my safety over that (cue 5pt-or-3pt-because-submarine-etc comments).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are 3 pt more effective than 4 pt? I guess I am really talking about 5 pt. with a crotch belt so it doesn't ride up. Not sure if anyone makes a true 4 pt. I don't pay much attention to the race stuff.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How are 3 pt more effective than 4 pt? I guess I am really talking about 5 pt. with a crotch belt so it doesn't ride up. Not sure if anyone makes a true 4 pt. I don't pay much attention to the race stuff.
Schroth makes a 4pt with anti sub cartridges. They are DOT legal so you theoretically can't get cited for running one on the street. That's the route I'm going. Look up "Schroth Rallye" harnesses. There are a few different types.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Schroth makes a 4pt with anti sub cartridges. They are DOT legal so you theoretically can't get cited for running one on the street. That's the route I'm going. Look up "Schroth Rallye" harnesses. There are a few different types.
Those look pretty nice. Which seats did you go with?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts