Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Interesting... I've never heard of Aldan American coilovers before. Anyone else heard of them or used them before? Say's they're made in the USA and they're pretty inexpensive at $1300 and some change for both the front and rear. Of course, it looks like you use your stock UCA's/LCA's. I'm wondering how decent of a product they are for the price. Kind of funny that he'll spend close to probably $5k on suspension parts and all new brakes but won't spend a couple hundred on valve covers. Oh well, entertaining video at least.

·
Dimples
3,856 Posts
Kind of funny that he'll spend close to probably $5k on suspension parts and all new brakes but won't spend a couple hundred on valve covers. Oh well, entertaining video at least.
He's a broke college kid. Those suspension and brake parts were sponsored, so basically he got them for free to use for his YouTube channel. I think that's a cool way to do it for all involved.

·
Registered
416 Posts
He's a broke college kid. Those suspension and brake parts were sponsored, so basically he got them for free to use for his YouTube channel. I think that's a cool way to do it for all involved.
I suspect money is the least of his problems.

·
Dimples
3,856 Posts
I suspect money is the least of his problems.
What do you mean?

He's talked at length about how he doesn't have much of a budget, his video release schedule was slowed down for months by a broken camera lens that he couldn't afford to replace and he lives at his parents house still.

·
Registered
416 Posts
What do you mean?

He's talked at length about how he doesn't have much of a budget, his video release schedule was slowed down for months by a broken camera lens that he couldn't afford to replace and he lives at his parents house still.
Only because it sounds like dad doesn't want to drop another $2k on a lens while the kid is sucking up a ton of money with college.

I love his videos, but don't go passing the hat for him just yet. :)

With that number of views and subscribers he's making a decent amount. If he was really smart he'd drop out of college and focus on the youtube videos.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm with Blake on this. He's a good kid that trying hard to generate muscle car interest in his generation. He's come a long way from his first vids a couple years ago, which were likely shot with a Go-Pro. He's a college student who lives at home. I remember those days. I'm impressed that he has this kind of passion, dedication, and attention to detail for a 20 year old. All I cared about at that age was keg parties and ladies... and not always in that order ;)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I like his videos a lot too!
Very well done.
I wish there were more videos on mustang stuff done this well.
I just don’t see as much early mustang content as i would like.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Dimples
3,856 Posts
Only because it sounds like dad doesn't want to drop another $2k on a lens while the kid is sucking up a ton of money with college.

I love his videos, but don't go passing the hat for him just yet. :)

With that number of views and subscribers he's making a decent amount. If he was really smart he'd drop out of college and focus on the youtube videos.
Respectfully, I think you’re making assumptions that don’t line up with reality.

He’s averaging about 20k views per video, 2 videos per month. Using round math at current YouTube ad revenue structure, he made about $1,900 for all of his efforts in the last year.

Probably challenging to live in Burbank making less than $2k per year. Not saying YouTube rich isn’t a thing, but I’m not sure it qualifies as really smart.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I agree on the video being entertaining and it's cool that the next generation of car guys/girls are getting into the classics, especially mustangs. Hopefully he does a few engine upgrades, to go along with the suspension and brake upgrades, over the next couple years as a bone stock 289 is pretty tame compared to the cars of today, even naturally aspirated 4 cylinder cars.

·
Registered
685 Posts
He’s averaging about 20k views per video, 2 videos per month. Using round math at current YouTube ad revenue structure, he made about $1,900 for all of his efforts in the last year.
Real youtubers usually use the videos as a platform to generate different kinds of income. They are basically building a brand and it's a fulltime job if you want to make a living out of it. But if you got talent, the creativity and a business mind, it's possible to make a good income, some even get rich. Some Youtubers run a Patreon site beside the Youtube channel. Like the Norwegian guy running the Frog Leap channel that makes metal cover videos, 1 new video each week. Each video generate $5000 from Patreon, beside the income from Youtube, selling albums, downloads and merch.

4 speed films have probably gotten the parts he mounts on his car in the videos for free (sponsoring), that's also an income.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts