Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know of what I need to change my wheels from 4 lugs to 5 lugs? And where I can buy these parts from. I want to get rid of my hubcaps and put on vintage rims, but I cant because there are no vintage rims with 4 lugs.

jsmth

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Where are you, what year. Please fill out your bio. I have everything you need for a 67/68. I am in the Dallas Area

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in charlotte, NC I have a 66 mustang with a 6cyl engine. I want to find something new if possible. My father is a mechanic and I have some knowledge of cars and I want to do it myself

·
Registered
933 Posts
Changing from 4 to 5 lug is quite an extensive process. Everthing on the 6 cyl 4 lug car is different from a V8 5 lug car. This includes, drums, spindles, rear end, driveshaft, transmission, tie rods, center link etc. There is no real easy way of converting from 4 to 5 lug. If you just want the look of new wheels, your options again are limited. In addition to the link that was mentioned, there are slotted mags around and wheels from a 240-280z will fit. Also, some of the mustang supply houses are carrying a new styled steel wheel that will fit the 4 lug setup.

Scott

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Check out my website below for converting 4 lug to 5 lug front by using Granada spindles. There's also a page on installing a 5 lug rear end with disc brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts