Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
nice build, now did you black out all those prices for us or yourself (in case the SWMBO finds it)? And the sales tax is ony 4.9%???? I'm in the wrong state.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I'm not sure of the flow #'S on the heads but looking at the specs, I bet with some more tuning and a bigger carb you could coax around 25-35 more hp out of it......I'd love to send you my prosystems 950hp and see what it does compared to the 770, I'm going efi and I bought the carb on a whim for my 408....

http://htwheelz.smugmug.com

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I very pleased with the build, I can't wait to get it in the car and see how it performs in the real world.

I just used Photoshop and blacked it out.

I'm not sure of the flow #'S on the heads but looking at the specs, I bet with some more tuning and a bigger carb you could coax around 25-35 more hp out of it......I'd love to send you my prosystems 950hp and see what it does compared to the 770, I'm going efi and I bought the carb on a whim for my 408....
Nice car, but I think I will stick with what I have for the build. If there was more HP I would probably get in trouble.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
ScodeMike said:
If there was more HP I would probably get in trouble.
And you don't think you will now? Your numbers are very nice.
You seem to have a very large cam. I was just wondering How does it idle? If you get it under 1000 RPM that should sound mean and have so great body shake. I may have also missed it but what is the flow on your heads at 0.600" lift?

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
I see that you bought the heads bare and they worked their magic on assembling them. Custom hydraulic roller cam, nice.

Looks like a well thought out engine build. Good thing you blacked out those prices, builds like this aren't for the faint of heart :lol: Love that serpentine pulley assembly. It's a good finishing touch. What kind of alternator is that?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The idle is set @ 1000 RPM, anything lower and it shakes too much. The flow is 300 CFM @ .60 lift.

I see that you bought the heads bare and they worked their magic on assembling them. Custom hydraulic roller cam, nice.

Looks like a well thought out engine build. Good thing you blacked out those prices, builds like this aren't for the faint of heart Love that serpentine pulley assembly. It's a good finishing touch. What kind of alternator is that?
Thanks to Angelo at the Machine shop the engine turned out very well. He typically builds race engines, he is best known for building the engines for JEGS race trucks. The alternator is the March Billet single wire, 140 AMP.

I also just posted some new pics of the body at the painter for those interested! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for posting the specs. Im in the first stages of building a 410 stroker and am glad to see what kind of results to expect. Keep us posted how the car does when you get the motor in.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am glad it has helped someone. On another subject the March Billet pulley system has been a PIA. At first the crank pulley didn't line with anything else, then the PS didn't line up, the fill neck on the PS pump hit the A/C bracket and required different spacer's and now the Idler and A/C don't line up. March had a fix for everything but the idler and A/C. They blamed it on differneces in the heads. March response re:the A/C you would have to add a spacer behind the idler and re-machine the A/C bracket to move the A/C forward.

Oh and the latest is their A/C pulley cover doesn't fit the latest Sanden clutch. I am not sure I would purchase March again. :bs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts