Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up. I am looking into getting a 408 stroker, and doing that with engine whihc is a 351 cleveland with 4v closed chamber heads. I was going to get a funnel web manifold, but the company does not sell it anymore so I do not know anyone else who does. I was wandering if with the stroker and 4v closed chamber heads and then a 4 speed could I use my tunnel ram with dual 450 cfm carbs or would that still bog down off the line. Because I was gonna go with a 850 double pumper for the funnel which is only 50 cfm less so I wasnt sure if it would bog or not.

Thanks John

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, I haven't a clue as to how to answer your question, but I gotta say that is sounds like the car will haul a..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on good running 351C combinations that I've read about w/ happy owners, I think you'd be fine with two 450s. If you decide to go with a single carb. I'd look at a Holley 850 HP or 950 HP, also Bigs makes a fine modified Holley carb. I run a Bigs 650 on my 289 and it's terrific.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I wouldnt run a tunnel ram on the street

A Victor jr for 4V heads makes good high rpm power and is MUCH MUCH MUCH more streetable

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Holley strip dominator intake among others is also a good intake for the cleveland, if you can find a used one. Holley is supposed to begin manufacturing them again. Since you've already got the ram I think it's definately worth bolting down on this motor if it becomes a reality. I know that I personally would be willing to sacrifice some streetability at least for while, to cruise with a well tuned tunnel ram, they kick-*** !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts