Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to build a 351 Cleveland 392 ci stroker for my Pantera with 4V closed chambered heads. I’m thinking I would like about 400 to 425 HP. Does anyone have a parts list for 425 HP 351c with stroker kit that they have used that worked well. I’m looking for a machine shop in the Atlanta area that can be trusted with a 351c, any ideas. I can run octane boost for a 11:1 compression if needed. Anyone know where to find a rebuildable 351c in the Atlanta area because I want build the new engine as a spare for my existing 251c.

Mike

http://www.PanteraPlace.com

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Why stroke it? You can get 425Hp with the right set up out of a non stroked cleveland with the right set up. Look at my set up on my website. Although I have not dynoed it yet my Builder estimated 425-450 hp
I am not a big fan of stroking the C's. High piston speed (you need to spin them Clevelands) could wreck havic on with a long stroke with the increased angles.
Might want to ask at this site. http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/119419

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
425 or 450 horses is not hard to make with your motor. A couple of things I have picked up is that you need the oiling mods and you also need to get some good one piece valves for your heads. Springs and so forth would be matched to the cam. Other than that its basic carb, cam, intake, hotrodding stuff. Do you have any shots of the car? I assume you are aware of the water pooling problem they had that causes a rust out up under there. Theres probably some good documentation on how to fix that problem.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have got at least 425 probably closer 475 with a 70 351C 4V heads. I have got my complete build up if you are interested and I used my stock crank with just a Crane Roller Kit and lots of other Brand Name goodies. I have a lot of money in it but it sure makes the power!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Mike I am completely impressed with your car and audio slideshow. I have a cable and use Windows 2000 professional with Windows Media Player and the down load was fast and well worth waiting for. I had a chance to buy a Pantera about 10 years ago before I knew what they were all about. $15,000.00 seemed like allot of money back then. It would have been a bargain if I would have only known. I will be looking again after your inspiring video. Mach 1 with a C in it is cool buy a Pantera with a C is awesome....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts