Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a bright and sunny morning when I rounded a corner and saw the vision of a 427 Cobra rear-end only a block and $50,000 away from me. I accelerated and caught him at the next light. An inviting 4 lane empty stretch of road was ahead of us. We made eye contact, we grinned, I revved my stock, A code 289 cubic inches of screaming hell and was quickly drowned out by the howl coming from his side pipes. It was on! The light flashed green and with a chirp I was off, we were neck and neck for the first 2 or 3 yards ::before I noticed, through the corner of my eye that the back side of the cobra did a quick wiggle and he was GONE GONE GONE like a cool breeze leaving me grinning even wider at being utterly smoked by that car. I think a past thread asked what it was like to feel 600 horsepower, I'm pretty sure that guy knows exactly what it feels like ::
And that's how I knew that it was going to be a good day.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
HAH HAH HAH!!! If I ever get dusted like that, I want it to be a 427 Cobra too! :D :D :D At least you didnt back down! :p

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I thought maybe the guy cheaped out on the power train when he built the car. After he revved it I knew he definately opted for the high HP option :). Too late by then though, I knew what the outcome was going to be but I was committed, and what the heck, no guts no glory eh. He coulda blown a shift...it could happen ;).

·
Registered
282 Posts
When I die, I want to come back as a 427 Cobra. Blown, of course!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Ferrari 360 Modena for me... LOL.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
at least you didnt back down , what a stud haha. a friend and i in our stangs tried our luck against a brand new blown Z28 not too long ago ... he smoked us by a couple car lengths lol i had to give it a shot though !...." i didnt hook up " haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts