Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I drove my 68 Shelby GT500KR (clone of course)to Thompson Drag Raceway in Thompson, Ohio. Just when I think I have her dialed in, she breaks-out again. 14.20, 13.75, and now 13.56. This 428 Cobra Jet's got muscle! Dad says "it's like workin' a horse. The harder you run it, the faster you'll go". My brother says "you lost, you went too fast". My reply was, "they can keep that plastic trophy, I want more speed". My wife thinks I'm going through some kind of Mid-life crisis, since I'm Forty-something and this is my first year bracket racing.(I never owned a stallion before). I guess I'll have to go back this Saturday to feed the need and feel the speed. Thanks for listening. Sometimes I think the only one listening is the dog.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
SWMBO will begin to listen when you start winning money. Let her take it down the track once or twice. She'll change her mind then. *G*

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
you just cant beat a fe motor. i saw a list of top ten fastest fords and nine out of the top ten were fe's. i love mine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the encouragement. I don't think I'll see 10 seconds with a 34 year old stock C6 and torque convertor- but there's always next year! Anyone else live near Thompson Dragway? I'll beat ya-I mean meet ya there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drag Pack 69,
Hey John,
I live in Madison also. Have you had it at the track this year? I'd like to see your stang someday. Drop me a line sometime. I tried your personal email, but it was returned. If you've changed addresses, update your info.
Thanks, Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts