Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I've got the F303 cam, TFS heads, Weiand Stealth Intake (PN#8020), Demon 650, MSD. I think I could be in the 13s, maybe the 12s, with the right suspension tuning. Who knows? I may be in the 13s now. Haven't been to the track yet . . . What trans and rear do you have? I've got a C4 with a stage 2 shift and a 3.55 TSD rear.

I've got the Sanderson FF3s (1 5/8" tubes and a 2 1/2" collecter) and I can spin it up to 7k. I plan on getting rid of the Sanderson's when I can afford to, the drivers side header curves so close to the block that it's nearly impossible to tighten the bolts at the collector. . . A big PITA if you have a leak there. . .

My machinist said my compression was 9.837:1 (according to the KB piston book) but I think probably closer to 10:1 since he resurfaced 'em before assembly. No pinging. I'm running 87 octane and 34-36* total advance (can't remember exactly). I've had it up as high as 40* total advance and no pinging there either.

I think you'd be happy with the TFS Heads. Check these guys out for a good product and good prices: http://www.totalengineairflow.com/ I got the standard TFS heads and port matched them to the intake.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I'd advise upgrading the rear first. With a 5 speed you'll want at least 4.11 gears so you'll be able to use 5th gear on the freeway, maybe lower. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts