Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the fuel lines routed on a 5.0/Fox body Mustang?

I'm doing an EFI conversion on my '65 and was just thinking about the fuel rail and the fuel rail "adapters." The adapters or whatever they are called are metal tubes that seem to route the lines down towards the oil pan, and then I can only assume the fuel lines follow the engine back past the transmission into the tunnel? Is that correct?

Or should I not use those pieces and route the lines directly off of the fuel rail to the passenger side counterpart of the original style fuel line entry in front of the wheels?

Anyone with late model or seen one that could help me out would be great :highfive:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The two lines run down the front of the engine on the passenger side to lower oil pan area, they then connect to two rubber high pressure lines and go over to the passenger side frame rail underside. They then go back through the shock tower area into the wheel well and down to the back of the front passenger side wheel well and then under the car tucked up next to the rocker. It then takes a few turns and makes it 's way to the fuel tank. A few pictures would explain this all much better, sorry I don't have any.

When I converted my old 68 Convertible to EFI I used fuel lines out of an 88 Mustang GT 5.0 and they worked perfect with just minor tweaking.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
The rubber high pressue line has a plastic core. You can buy the plastic high pressure line at NAPA or online. I've heard you can boil them in water and then slip them on before they cool but a friend of mine had to resort to using an external heat source and nearly melted them but got them installed with no leaks.

Just incase your lines are a bit short or broken.

Dean T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts